Capcom Taiwan has released a new teaser video for the upcoming Mega Man video game! The game is called “Rockman X Dive”, and it is a brand-new, sidescrolling action/RPG soon to be released for iOS and Android.
Rockman X Dive Storyline
Here are the things that can be expected when Rockman X Dive is released as stated on the official Mega Man X Facebook page:
- The premise of the game surrounds a virus/glitch that has corrupted the world of Mega Man X, mixing characters and stages together in a beautiful mess. For example, you can play as Cinnamon (from Command Mission) in a stage from X4. It’s up to you, the player, as “data” to fix everything.
- The game has been in development for a little over 1.5 years.
- MULTIPLE playable characters from the X series.
- Not “on rails”; you have complete control over your characters. It plays like a traditional Mega Man X game.
- Controllers are supported.
- Early in the development, there were plans for a system that will allow players to create their own Reploid. However, it is unclear where it was scratched off or not.
- Rockman is said to be running off a modified Maverick Hunter X engine.
- The game is aiming for “home console” quality despite being a mobile-only release. So there will be lots of actual Mega Man fans make up the development staff.
- There is a big possibility that a public beta will be coming very soon.
- There is little to no “gacha” elements but cannot rule out microtransactions entirely.
Here is the teaser video as released by Capcom Taiwan:
Limited Regional Release
Currently, Rockman X Dive game is confirmed to be released only in Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan later this year. However, a global version of the game is in the works.
We will bring you more details about Rockman X Dive as information becomes available so stay tuned.